Last edit: 29.Jun.2013, 17:33h

My Extruder Updates

Over the last few weeks I have modified the extruder of my Makerbot Replicator 2 to make it much more effective and reliable. Before I had from time to time problems that the print was cancelled inbetween, but now it is working much better. That is partly the case because there is a new firmware for the Replicator 2 but of course it has to do with the updates I did too.

The image shows, what I have changed to the original design. Additional to that the new firmware now support to stopp the print inbetween at a certain height to change the plastics and like that I was able to print the part you can see in the image too.

 
Makerbot Replicator 2: My new extruder (small)
 

The updates I did are the following:

In this picture I am using new painters tape from Tesa to print on. Seems to be equally expensive and as effective as other solutions I have tested before but is easier to put on the plate.